This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my DISCLOSURE for more info.
For hands, feet, lips, and body. You can apply literally anywhere on your skin to leave it oh so silky soft. The leftover scent makes me coming back for more.
In my sugar scrubs, I prefer to use coconut oil for the liquid component. Coconut oil has powerful medicinal properties both inside and outside of the body. Studies have proven over and over again on how good it is for our skin.
Make sure to take a look at all the different benefits of coconut oil for the skin.
The other ingredients for this sugar scrub are white granulated sugar and dried lavender flower buds.
To add an extra calming scent I included lavender and frankincense essential oil. Having these combined is the ultimate stress relief aroma!
Lavender essential oil is known for its soothing properties which makes it great for headaches. Frankincense promotes feelings such as calmness and relaxation when smelt. Put these two together and you will find yourself in a tranquil dream.
Below I have included free labels that you can download, print, and use for your amazing creations.
- I included 2 different sizes depending on the size of jar you plan on using.
- I use these Avery Full Sheet Stickers for all of my handmade health & beauty products.
In a bowl, mix the granulated sugar and lavender flower buds.
Weigh the solid coconut oil with a kitchen scale. I like to use ounces instead of cups for solid ingredients because you can get a more accurate amount that way.
In a separate bowl, melt the coconut oil. You can do this either on top of the stove or in a microwave.
Add the liquid coconut oil to the sugar and lavender mixture.
Add 10 drops lavender essential oil and 15 drops frankincense essential oil.
Mix and you’re done!
When I first started making homemade sugar scrubs it was on a trial and error basis. I tried to create the perfect amount of coconut oil to sugar.
I now use the portions above for every sugar scrub made in my household. I find that too much coconut oil can leave your skin super oily, almost to a discomfort.
Place a tablespoon of sugar scrub into your hand and gently lather wherever you please. Wash off with water and enjoy your silky soft skin. I like to use it on my hands and feet.
Want kissable lips? Scrub the mixture onto your lips. Apply chapstick and your good to go. This recipe keeps my skin smooth all day long.
The stress relief sugar scrub also makes for an amazing gift! Scoop into a glass jar, add a sticker label, include a popsicle stick, and it’s like bringing the spa to your family and friends.
Have you made a sugar scrub before? Comment in the section below, I would love to hear about your creations or even if you have any questions!
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 4 oz unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup lavender flower buds
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops frankincense essential oil
- half pint wide mouth jars
- In a bowl, mix the granulated sugar and lavender flower buds.
- Weigh the solid coconut oil with a kitchen scale. I like to use ounces instead of cups for solid ingredients because you can get a more accurate amount that way.
- In a separate bowl, melt the coconut oil. You can do this either on top of the stove or in a microwave.
- Add the liquid coconut oil to the sugar and lavender mixture and mix well.
- Add 10 drops lavender essential oil and 15 drops frankincense essential oil.